Nov 14, 2011

One Week

So, it's been a week since the first gym workout and I've now been back three times.  One light workout, one swim, one yoga.  Payback has been full on.  I've figured out that, if I go to the gym, that's pretty much all I can do that day.

But, as it's also been one week since I stopped managing an Incorporated Association, I can actually afford the recovery time.

About a month ago, my doctor, very unimpressed with my lack of attention to my health, gave me a look that would not have been out of place on a School Principal before telling me, in no uncertain terms, to Stop Working Now.  She then stabbed me in the butt with vitamin B and gave me a list of supplements as long as my arm (I swear, I am the one keeping Melbourne's health food shops in business).

It took a few weeks to wrap things up, but I've done the handover now, and though I will miss my job, the free time has been heaven.

I've actually been able to cook my own meals again, which is far better CFSwise with all the food sensitivities.  I've also been able to catch up with a few friends and family I've been fobbing off for some time, due to my need to be sleeping when not at work.

And, after only a week, I've already noticed a health benefit to the exercise I now have time to do! Lowered chemical sensitivity.  At least, I'm assuming this is due to the exercise.  Particularly on days after the light workout or swimming, I've woken up without my usual burst of tachycardia (really fast heart beat) and with lungs that actually feel like they've spent the night breathing.  It's been about two months since I've experienced this, and it's a huge relief.  I was actually beginning to fear that I would be in for another two year long health crash (I've been on the brink for a while, hence my doctor's, no nonsense, orders).

I don't think I'm out of the woods yet, but this has been a good week.  Fingers crossed it continues.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...